A local Non-profit Organization committed to coral reef restoration, waste management, sustainable tourism, environmental education and animal welfare on Gili T, Lombok Indonesia.
Conservation, preservation, education, and restoration of the Gili Matra Marine Protected Area.
Balancing many eco projects with the rapid speed of the development of these three beautiful paradise islands, the Gili Islands.
Repurposed handmade gifts from rubbish created on Gili Trawangan
Sustainable plastic free travel products
Eco glass construction bricks
- Our mission is to create a sustainable island.
- To promote ecotourism and provide a healthy environment for working animals.
- To restore our coral reefs and to replenish our natural fish populations.
- To ensure that all waste created on Gili T is reduced to minimum levels
- Waste is managed and separated properly for recycling projects where materials can be transported off the island.
- To educate and inspire businesses to cut their single use plastic consumption
Restore and protect the coral reefs around the Gili islands by building more Biorock structures, installing moorings to prevent further anchor damage and provide education and marine workshops to successfully transplant juvenile corals back to damaged reefs.
Creating coral nurseries to strengthen reef populations and to replenish damaged reefs
Prevent and manage waste and rubbish on Gili Trawangan by recycling and educating both locals and tourists. (Get ready for our GETWasted event 2019 for ALL Gili businesses)
Clean up Gili Trawangan by organizing weekly beach clean-ups every single Friday 5-6pm at different locations all over the island.
Reducing the amount of plastic on the island by motivating businesses to provide water refill stations and get locals and tourists to stop buying bottled water, and encouraging the ban of plastic bags and single use items such as straws and takeout containers.
There is plenty more information on our current projects and campaigns www.giliecotrust.com
Gili Trawangan, Gili Indah, Pemenang, Kabupaten Lombok Utara, Nusa Tenggara Bar. 83352, Indonesia